Sweet potatoes are healthy and full of fiber, beta carotene and vitamin A and C. I use sweet potatoes regularly in my recipes and it is an incredibly versatile pantry staple. This salad is full of natural potassium, magnesium, and fatty acids that are good for the heart.
The ingredients are simple, but the final result tastes so good. Try this vegan and gluten free sweet potato salad for your next meal!
- 1/2 Onion
- 3 Sweet Potatoes
- 1 Avocado
- 1 1/2 cups Cucumber
- 1/3 cup Cashew nuts
- 1/2 stalk Green Onion
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 2 tsp Cumin
1. Slice the onion, sweet potatoes and cucumber into chunks. I kept mine medium-sized, but it’s up to your preference. Keep in mind that the smaller the potato chunks are, the less time it will take to cook them.
2. Put the onion and potato chunks into a large saucepan and add enough cold water to cover by 2.5 cm/1 inch.
3. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer until cooked through, about 15 minutes. Drain the onion and potatoes.
4. Mash the avocado. Add cumin, salt and pepper.
5. In a bowl, combine the onion, sweet potatoes, and cucumber. Add the avocado mash and stir to combine.
6. Just before serving, stir in cashew nuts. Garnish with finely chopped green onion (optional). Enjoy! 😊
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Debbie Tan