Any other tempeh fans out there? Tempeh is my absolute favorite vegan protein. I love how versatile it is, and having it in a salad is probably my favorite way to eat it (lately, anyway!) The bitterness of the tempeh combined with the sweetness from the sundried tomatoes and balsamic vinegar is wonderful and feels very balanced.
I personally enjoy this dish when the tempeh salad is cooled down or refrigerated, but you can also eat right after preparing when it is still warm from the addition of baked tempeh. It pairs beautifully with quinoa or your grain of choice.
I hope that you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!
Sundried Tomato + Tempeh Salad
- 1 package tempeh, cubed
- pat of oil for greasing
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, diced
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- dash of onion powder
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 °F.
2. Cube your tempeh. Grease a large baking sheet, and add your tempeh cubes. Bake at 400°F for 25 minutes.
3. While tempeh is cooking, prep the rest of your ingredients. Half your grape tomatoes and add to a large bowl. Dice sundried tomatoes (no need to rinse off oil – it will add to flavor), slice spring onion, and add both to bowl.
4. Once tempeh is done, add tempeh to bowl. Toss with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, onion powder, salt, and tempeh.
5. Allow to cool before serving or just dig right in!
Also by Bianca: Spicy Tofu Summer Rolls
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Bianca Cimini