This salad is healthy, perfect if you are on a weight loss program and is ready in a total of 25 minutes. Great for coeliacs too.
- 80 g Puffed buckwheat
- 30 g Pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp Tahini
- 1 tbsp Finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp Finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, zest only
- Pinch Himalayan salt & pepper
- 1/2 Ripe avocado
- 100 g Iceberg lettuce
- 60 g Cucumber
- 60 g Cherry tomatoes
- 50 g Raw broccoli florets
- Optional Fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 lemon, juice only
- 1 tsp Tahini
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Sweet paprika
- To taste Black pepper
1. Bake for about 10 minutes or until crunchy and golden, stirring the buckwheat mixture halfway through to prevent it from burning. I usually add some extra herbs after it is baked but this is of course optional.
When ready, let the buckwheat cool down.
2. Chop the iceberg lettuce, cut the cucumber, broccoli florets and the cherry tomatoes; add to a bowl.
3. In the meantime, whisk together the fresh lemon juice, garlic powder, sweet paprika, tahini and a pinch of black pepper. This will dress the avocado.
4. Assemble the salad by placing the iceberg lettuce first, then the cucumber, cherry tomato and the avocado. Dress the avocado with the homemade dressing.
5. Add the crunchy puffed granola and enjoy!
Serve with some mint leaves on top for extra freshness.
Photo: Roberta Farrugia