When it comes to breakfast, I usually end up doing variations of the same thing that tastes good. Sometimes, though, I wake up and want to mix things up. That’s where this Breakfast Stuffed Spaghetti Squash comes in.
If you’ve tried Spaghetti Squash as a pasta replacement, you’re going to love trying it as the base for this sweet breakfast bowl. I paired this neutral squash with fresh berries, yogurt, nut butter, and granola to create a filling and fun breakfast. The meal would be perfect for a festive weekend breakfast or brunch option. If you bake the squash halves in advance, you could throw together this breakfast bowl in 5 minutes for work week meals.
Breakfast Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1/2 teaspoon avocado oil
- 1/2 cup almond milk yogurt
- 2 tablespoons nut butter
- 1 cup mixed berries
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup granola
- maple syrup (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Halve your squash, remove seeds and pulp, and rub the interior with avocado oil.
3. Place squash halves facedown on baking sheet and bake for 50-60 minutes.
4. Remove from the oven, sprinkle with cinnamon, and allow to briefly cool. Then tease spaghetti squash into “noodles” with a fork.
5. Stuff with remaining ingredients and serve immediately.
Also by Lauren: Vegan Cantaloupe Yogurt Bowls
Related: Butternut Squash Mac N’ Cheese
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Lauren Kirchmaier