I picked up the most gorgeous melons at the grocery this past weekend. They were perfectly round and juicy on the inside. The minute I cut them open, I knew those halves were destined for greater things. I love a good yogurt parfait to start out my day, but sometimes it gets boring eating it the same way.
This Cantaloupe Yogurt Boat is a fun way to mix up your morning breakfast. The best part is that you don’t even have to dirty up any extra dishes in the process because the melon serves as the bowl! I topped my Cantaloupe Yogurt Bowl with pomegranate seeds, granola, peanut butter, honey, and chia seeds, but feel free to mix it up. Some other ideas are nuts, dried fruit, maple syrup, and other seeds. Enjoy these bowls as a quick breakfast, easy snack, or healthy dessert!
Cantaloupe Yogurt Bowls
- 1 cantaloupe, halved, with seeds removed
- 1 container almond milk yogurt
- chia seeds
- liquid sweetener of your choice
- peanut butter
1. Rinse the outside of the cantaloupe and slice the melon in half.
2. Scoop out the seeds and fill the interior with yogurt.
3. Top with desired toppings: chia seeds, granola, berries, liquid sweetener, and peanut butter.
Also by Lauren: Chocolate Tahini Carnival Squash Cups
Related: Strawberry Shortcake Overnight Oats
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Lauren Kirchmaier