Looking for the perfect autumn dish for the colder days ahead? Look no further than this creamy polenta with vegan parmesan cheese topped with herbed and roasted vegetables and mushroom. When your body is craving cozy comfort food, you can count on this dish to satisfy you. Have it as a one-bowl meal or as a side dish. Of course you are free to vary the vegetables, too.
Roasted Vegetables Over Vegan Parmesan Polenta
- 1 medium zucchini
- 2 medium bell peppers
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 handful mushroom
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 1 tsp thyme, rosemary (each)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- to taste salt, pepper
- 4 cups water
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup corn meal
- 3 tbsp vegan butter
- 1/2 cup vegan parmesan, finely shredded
- 2 tbsp vegan sour cream
1. Preheat the over to 220 Celsius degree.
2. Prepare your veggies by washing and cutting them into bite sized pieces. Place them on a large rimmed baking sheet, cover with olive oil, thyme, rosemary and a pinch of salt. Roast until they begin to soften and turn brown, for about 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, bring 4 cups of water to a boil in a sauce pan. Stir in 1 teaspoon salt and the minced garlic.
4. Gradually sprinkle the corn meal into the pan while whisking at the same time to prevent clumps from forming. After a few minutes the polenta should start to thicken. Continue whisking while you remove form heat.
5. Continue stirring for about 10 more minutes while you add in vegan butter, vegan sour cream and parmesan cheese to the polenta. It should become thick and creamy and it will set as it cools. Season with pepper and more salt if needed.
Serve polenta with roasted veggies on top and with extra parmesan or even toasted nuts and seeds.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth