This creamy soup is super easy to make and ready within 25 minutes. Feel free to use up your leftover broccoli from the fridge; I like to use the stems too, not just the florets. For other variations you can also use any veggies that are left in your fridge for too long, such as carrots or cauliflower.
Vegan Cream Of Broccoli Soup With Garlic And Shallot
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3-4 small shallot, diced
- 300g broccoli
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- to taste black pepper, salt
- 1/3 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tbsp or less cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 small handful cashews, unsalted
- 2 cups almond milk
1. Using a huge pot, heat up the oil over medium heat and sauté the shallots and garlic until translucent.
2. Add the broccoli, spices and herbs, mix and cook for about 3 minutes more. Mix in the nutritional yeast as well.
3. Add the almond milk along with the cashews and bring it to a boil for about 10-15 minutes.
4. Set aside to let it cool a little, then purée with a hand blender. If you find the soup too thick you can add a little water to it. Adjust salt and spices if needed.
Perfect to serve with toasted garlic bread or crackers.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth