I wish I would think about this combination earlier. This quick and easy rice bowl will make it to my Christmas table as well, but for now I simply enjoy on late summer nights.
Rice bowl with Brussels sprouts, orange and dried cranberries
- 200 g jasmine rice
- 2 tbs mustard
- 2 handful dried cranberries
- 1 tbs fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1-2 large orange
- 2 tbs apple wine
- 1 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 700 g Brussels sprout
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- to taste salt, pepper
- 1 handful walnut
- 1 tbs sesame seeds
- 2 tbs olive oil
1. Prepare your rice according to package instructions.
2. While the rice is cooking, peel the oranges, slice up Brussels sprouts, cranberries, rosemary and walnuts.
3. Using a mason jar, mix mustard, apple wine, apple cider vinegar and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Close the lid and shake it well until you get a nice sauce.
4. Using a large pan, sauté garlic and Brussels sprout in the remaining oil over medium heat, season with salt and pepper. Cook until Brussels sprouts are golden and tender. If needed pour a little water under it.
5. Remove from heat when done, mix with the rice and sauce.
6. Portion into bowls, top with orange slices, cranberries, rosemary, walnut and sesame seeds.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth