This grilled eggplant dip is perfect for summer. You can either make it for at a grill party or just at home using your oven or a grill pan, either ways it’s going to be perfect. I love to eat it with nachos but it’s wonderful in my breakfast sandwich as well.
Creamiest Vegan Grilled Eggplant Dip
- 6 eggplants
- 300 ml vegan mayo
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- of 1 lemon lemon juice
- 3 tbs Dijon mustard
- 1 small chili
- 1 ts sweet paprika powder
- to taste ground black pepper and salt
1. Poke the eggplants with a knife so they won’t blow up over the grill. You can either grill it outside, or if you don’t have the chance for that just use a baking sheet, cover the eggplants and bake them over 230 Celsius degree for about 15 minutes. I used a grill pan, halved my eggplants and grill each side until blackened. Don’t be afraid to burn the skin, as you won’t need that but the inside will be perfect.
2. When they are done, just crave out the inside of the eggplants with a spoon. Leave to rest for about 20 minutes so the access liquid leaves. Set the liquid aside.
3. With a knife, cut the eggplant meat into tiny slices and place it a bowl. Mix it with the vegan mayo, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper, chili and sweet paprika powder. You can use the liquid that came from the eggplant to make the dip less thick.
I love to eat it with my nachos on a movie night. I use the leftover in my sandwiches or as a pasta sauce. But with fresh veggies and brown bread it would make a lovely dinner, too.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth