- 1 cup kelp noodles
- 2 cups raw kale, massaged*
- 1/2 cup sliced red cabbage
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 red pepper, julienned
- 4 radishes, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup mango
- 1/4 cup scallions
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vinegar, acv prefered
- 1 tablespoon honey/agave/maple syrup
- 1 inch knob fresh ginger
- juice of 1 lemon, divided in half
- 1/2 teaspoon tamari
- 1/4 raw whole almonds, soaked for about 30 minutes to an hour
- to top sesame seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2. *Remove the stems from your kale and add to a separate large bowl. Add the juice from 1/2 of the lemon and the olive oil and massage into the kale for about 1 minute until the kale starts to wilt. When you are finished, this will reduce the kale from the 2 cups you started with to about 1 cup of kale. Add this to the bowl with the rice noodles.
3. Add the cabbage, carrots, pepper, and radishes to the bowl.
4. In a blender, add the soaked almonds (I soaked my almonds while I prepared the rest of the ingredients so they would be ready by the time I was done), water, vinegar, honey, ginger, the juice from the other half of the lemon and tamari and blend until smooth.
5. Pour dressing mixture over noodles and vegetables and toss.
6. In a separate bowl, toss mango, scallions, cilantro, basil, and sliced almonds.
To serve, add mango mix on top of kelp noodles and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Also by Lauren: Raw Vegan Recipes: Pineapple Jicama Slaw
Related: Hearty Carrot and Farro Salad
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Lauren Sacerdote