These are the perfect morning energy booster or afternoon pick-me-up. They taste like dessert but are packed with nutrients like vitamin A, potassium, and iron. And with only 7 ingredients, making them is easy as pie!
- 7–10 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup almond butter or sunflower butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Soak your dates in water. If your dates are fresh and soft, they will only need about 20 minutes in hot water. If your dates are harder to the touch, it is best to soak them overnight so they will become plump and soft.
2. Once softened, strain the dates and discard the water.
3. Remove pits from dates.
4. Add dates, almond butter or sunflower butter (for nut-free), pumpkin pie spice, maple syrup, and vanilla to a small food processor.
5. Pulse until dates are blended and all other ingredients are mixed well. You may have to scrape down the sides of your food processor with a spatula a few times in between pulsing.
6. Add rolled oats to the mixture in your food processor, and pulse just enough to mix the oats in, being careful not to over-pulse. The oats should remain intact to add some crunch.
7. Carefully remove mixture from your food processor and roll into bite-sized balls.
8. For a firmer texture, let your pumpkin pie balls sit in the fridge for 30 minutes to a few hours before eating, or chill overnight.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Courtney Renee