Once you have your scramble made, you can utilize it however you would like. I chose to use mine as the base of some breakfast tacos. The scramble is super savory so I topped it with some fresh salsa to give it a burst of bright flavors. You can top your tacos with any add ins that you prefer.
Chickpea Scramble Breakfast Tacos (GF Vegan)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1/2 tbsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp black salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- For the salsa:
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced bell pepper
- 1 diced jalapeño
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- juice from one lime
- handful fresh cilantro
- salt & pepper to taste
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the chickpea flour and spices.
3. Stir in the vegetable broth until smooth.
4. Pour batter into pan and let cook until it begins to firm. Use a spatula to break it up into chunks.
5. Continue to break up the chunks and let cook until it begins to dry out and crumble.
6. In a separate bowl, add all of the ingredients for the salsa and stir.
7. Add scramble to tortilla and top with salsa.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Lauren Sacerdote