To make this colorful and mostly raw salad, I tossed the persimmon with some pear, cranberries, and kale, and coated it all in a maple cider dressing. This is a wonderfully hearty and delicious cold weather salad and the recipe is super simple and flexible. You can swap out the pear for an apple, use fresh pomegranate instead of cranberries, or add pecans instead of walnuts.
Persimmon Kale Salad With Maple Dijon Vinaigrette
- 1 fuyu persimmon, diced
- 1 pear, diced
- 3 cups kale, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- For the dressing:
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
1. Add all of the ingredients for the salad to a large mixing bowl and stir.
2. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients for the dressing.
3. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well to coat.
4. Chill for about an hour for best results before serving.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Lauren Sacerdote