Back to school, back to activities and back to needing quick and healthy dinners. This is a great make-ahead meal that can last a couple of nights and while highlighting all of those delicious summer veggies that are coming out of the gardens or into the farmers’ market stands these days. This pasta bake dinner is packed with flavor, and the nutritional yeast gives it a “cheesy” feel and flavor. Make a gluten-free option by subbing GF pasta. Enjoy!
Vegan “Cheesy” Summer Harvest Pasta Bake
- 1 lb box Pasta
- 8 oz jar Tomato Sauce
- 1 Medium Zucchini
- 1 Medium Summer Squash
- 1 Small Eggplant
- 1 cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tablespoon Dried Oregano
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Basil
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 4-5 tablespoons Olive Oil
1. Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
2. Add 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil to a roasting tray. Chop the veggies and add to the tray. Coat in an additional 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil and the garlic powder.
3. Roast the veggies for 20 minutes until softened.
4. While the veggies are roasting, prepare the box of pasta according to instructions.
5. Strain the pasta and remove the roasted veggies from the oven.
6. Combine nutritional yeast in a bowl with oregano and basil.
7. Using a large pot or bowl, combine the pasta, the roasted veggies, 2/3 of the sauce and 2/3 of the nutritional yeast and spice mixture.
8. Spread the pasta into a casserole dish and top with the last 1/3 of the pasta sauce and almost all of the nutritional yeast mixture (reserve a little bit for sprinkling on top of individual servings).
9. Reduce the oven heat to 350°F.
10. Bake for 35 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Also by Colette: Vegan Clean Eating Freezer “Crunch” Bars
Related: Vegan Baked Macaroni & Cheese
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Colette Goguen