Green Lentil Wild Mushroom Stew With Parsley & Mediterranean Spices
- 250g soy granuls
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 3 large bunches fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp za'atar seasoning
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 l veggie broth
- 200g green lentils, soaked for overnight, rinsed and drained
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp saffron
- 1 tbsp mint sauce
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 150 g dried wild mushrooms
1. In a large pan, add the olive oil and sauté the onions over medium heat for 7–8 minutes until soft and browning.
2. Add in garlic, salt, pepper and parsley. Stir to combine and cook for a few more minutes.
3. Next add the stock and the green lentils. Cover and let it simmer for approx. 25 minutes.
4. Then stir in soy granuls and wild mushrooms, add mint sauce, herbs and spices and lemon juice.
5. Cook for a further 7–8 more minutes.
6. Once soy granuls are soft and lentil is well cooked, taste and adjust seasoning.
7. If you find it saucy, simmer longer to cook off excess water. If you like it more brothy, add more stock or water to it.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth