The reason I call this lazy is that I used packaged noodles and store-bought Ocean's Halo Thai Coconut Broth. If you want to fancy it up and make you own, more power to you. One busy, cold days, I personally keep it simple. ;)
It should be noted, I made this meal for myself. If you are feeding more than 1 person, simply increase the amount of ingredients accordingly.
Lazy High Protein Vegan Ramen With Fried Edamame
- 1/4 block Firm tofu
- 1 serving Ramen Noodles
- 1.5–2 cups Thai coconut broth
- 1/4 cup Shelled edamame
- Handful Spinach
- 1–2 Green onion, chopped
- Handful Carrots, grated
- 4 tsp Oil (that's 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon)
- Optional Sriracha, for added heat
1. Prepare your noodles per package instructions.
2. Heat broth in small or medium sauce pan over medium heat.
3. Meanwhile, prepare edamame. I am rather obsessed with air-frying it. Here’s how:
4. Toss edamame in 1 tsp oil. Air fry for 10 minutes at 375°F. Or you can just steam or boil it.
5. While edamame cooks, fry tofu in 1 tbs oil over medium high heat until golden brown. Set aside.
6. Grate carrots, wash spinach if needed and chop green onions.
7. Finally, assemble your lazy ramen. I put noodles in first, then poured broth over, then added the rest.
8. Voila. Enjoy some high protein comfort food.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: R. Coker