- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or whatever sugar you have access to)
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp (plus more to serve) pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (plus more to serve) lingonberry or raspberry jam
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 3/4 cup oat or coconut milk
- 1/2 cup melted plant buter (cashew butter from Miyokos works best)
- 1 1/4 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2-3/4 lemon, juice only
- 1/2 cup lavender
- about 1/4 cup cold plant butter, for cooking technique
- powdered sugar, to serve
- in-season fruit of your choosing, to serve
- lemon zest, to serve
1. Set aside the fresh fruit, zest, powdered sugar, extra jam, and the plant butter for the cooking technique. If you plan on also having maple syrup with it, set that aside as well.
2. Mix together all of the remaining ingredients, until fully combined. Make sure there are so lumps.
3. Set aside the batter, and heat a griddle or a pan on medium high.
4. Grease the griddle with some of the set aside cold plant butter, and add about 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake on the griddle. Cook them until they’re bubbling on top.
5. Place a quarter sized chunk of the cold butter on top of pancake. Let it melt for a few seconds before flipping the pancake. Now the butter should be on the bottom of it.
6. Cook each pancake until golden on each side.
7. Serve each of them with pure maple syrup, lemon zest, powdered sugar, in season fruit, and extra jam on top! Leftovers will save for about a week in the fridge!
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Emily Degn