It brings a hint of autumn on your plate with the fruity sweetness from the pear sauce, and a fresh crunch from the slices of thinly sliced pears. But then the green onions, sautéed with a bit of vegan butter and thyme, adds a little savory push. And don't forget about the bread, cooked until golden-brown perfection.... You'll lick all your 10 fingers after this.
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 small green onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 cup vegan melty cheese, shredded
- 4 slices GF toast bread
- to taste freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup pear sauce
- 1/2 pear, thinly sliced
1. To assemble the sandwiches, spread 1 tablespoon pear sauce on two slices of bread.
2. Sprinkle with green onion.
3. Arrange a layer of thinly sliced pears.
4. Top with shredded cheese and second piece of bread.
5. Melt the vegan butter in a non-sticky pan. Add sliced green onion and thyme and sauté until softened and fragrant, about 3 to 4 minutes.
6. Then take back the heat to minimal and arrange the sandwiches in the pan. Cook slowly for about 5 minutes or until cheese starts to melt and bottom is golden brown. If your bread starts to brown too quickly, reduce the heat and cover the skillet so the cheese has a chance to melt.
7. Flip sandwiches and cook for an additional 3 to 5 minutes, covered if needed, until bottoms are golden brown and cheese is fully melted.
Also by Imola: GF Vegan Cinnamon Apple Pear Bread
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth