- 4 heads kohlrabi
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 large apples
- 1 medium jicama
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons grated vegan cheese (optional)
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses (optional)
2. Place in large bowl and top with oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
3. Mix well and set aside.
4. Meanwhile, peel apples and jicama. Matchstick them as well and set aside.
5. Whisk together lemon juice and mustard.
6. Pour over kohlrabi, then add apples and jicama and toss well.
7. Gently stir in tarragon, sunflower seeds, and cheese (if desired).
8. Drizzle with molasses and serve.
Also by Quincy: Vegan Vietnamese Pan-Fried Noodles
Related: Pineapple Jicama Slaw
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Quincy Malesovas