These chickpea pancakes are inspired by socca or farinata, dishes found in Nice, France and Genoa, Italy. They are super easy to whip up and delicious!
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp avocado oil (plus more for pan)
- to taste red pepper flakes (for garnish)
- In a bowl, mix the chickpea flour, thyme, oregano, and salt
- Add the water and avocado oil, whisking until smooth (no clumps)
- In a skillet over medium heat, warm up about a teaspoon of avocado or coconut oil. Pour a quarter of the chickpea mixture until a 6-inch pancake forms. Once cooked through (about 3-4 minutes), flip the pancake and cook the other side. Repeat for the rest of the chickpea batter
- Once the pancakes are plated, top with the lemon juice and garnish with the red pepper flakes. Enjoy!
Photo: Zeina Amhaz