How did that even happen?
I noticed time flies when you do lots of fun things with people you love but how does this happen when you rarely leave the house or not even?
Maybe because I have spent most of my free time writing, reading books, catching up with movies or cooking and baking. Yep, a lot of cooking was involved. And some baking, too. Like this savory zucchini oat breakfast muffins.
This is more of a savory muffin with cinnamon. Enjoy with vegan butter, soup, or cut in half and fill with vegan salami and veggies if you want to eat it as a mini sandwich.
GF Vegan Zucchini Oat Muffins
- 1 1/2 cup gluten-free flour blend
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 100 g vegan yogurt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups fresh grated zucchini
- 1/2 cups GF oats
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Prepare a 12-cup muffin pan by either greasing it with cooking spray or lining the cups with paper liners.
3. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt until combined.
4. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together vegan yogurt, maple syrup, milk, and coconut oil until combined. Pour this mixture into the dry ingredient mixture, and stir with a spoon until just combined. Stir in the zucchini and oats until just combined.
5. Portion the batter evenly between 12 baking cups.
6. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean. Transfer pan to a cooling rack, then serve the muffins warm.