Pack your sweets with protein with these delicious cookie dough bites in five different flavors. Choose among classic chocolate chip, snickerdoodle, cranberry lemon, almond joy, and brookie dough (or make all five!) for a healthy, hearty treat.
Chickpea Cookie Dough 5 Ways (Choco Chip, Brookie, Snickerdoodle, Almond Joy, Lemon)
- Cookie Dough Base
- 32 oz Chickpeas
- 1/3 cup Tahini (or nut butter equivalent)
- 3/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Oats
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- Classic Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- 1/4 cup Chocolate Chips
- Cranberry Lemon Cookie Dough
- 1/8 tsp Lemon Extract
- 1 lemon Lemon Zest
- 1/4 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup Cranberries
- Snickerdoodle Cookie Dough
- 1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Coconut Oil
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- Brookie Dough
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/4 tsp Espresso Powder
- Almond Joy Cookie Dough
- 1/4 cup Coconut Flakes
- 1/4 tsp Almond Extract
- 2 tbsp Chocolate Chips
1. Create the base. Take out a food processor and add the maple syrup, nut butter (I like to use tahini, but you can use peanut butter, almond butter, or any nut butter you prefer), vanilla extract, oats, chickpeas, baking soda, and salt.
2. Blend ingredients for two minutes or until completely blended.
3. Divide evenly into five separate bowls.
4. Take the first bowl to create the classic chocolate chip cookie dough hummus. Add ¼ cup of chocolate chips and mix well.
5. Combine the second bowl base with 1 tsp of cinnamon for snickerdoodle cookie dough. In a separate dish, combine ½ tsp of cinnamon, 1 tsp of coconut oil, and ½ tsp sugar. Heat for 20 seconds in a microwave and stir into batter.
6. Take the third bowl for almond joy cookie dough. Add ¼ tsp of almond extract, 2 tbsp of chocolate chips, and ¼ cup of coconut. Mix to combine.
7. Make the cranberry lemon cookie dough by taking the fourth base and adding ⅛ tsp lemon extract, the zest of one lemon, ¼ cup of cranberries, and ¼ tsp of lemon juice. Stir to combine.
8. Use the last fifth of base and add ¼ cup of cocoa, ¼ tsp espresso, and 1 tbsp maple syrup for the brookie dough recipe.
9. Schmear on a rice cake or eat right out of the bowl with a spoon. The choice is yours!
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content
Photo: Dana Drosdick