This combination is scrumptious as the cottage cheese melts into the pasta. Traditionally the pasta was torn into pieces. I prefer to make my own gluten-free pasta and cut them into soft pillows. But you can also use some other type such as farfalle, fussili or wide strip pasta.
GF Vegan Hungarian Cottage Cheese pasta—2 Ways
- 400 g GF pasta
- 300g soft or silken tofu
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 210 g firm tofu, crumbled (1 block)
- to taste vanilla sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 3/4 tbsp GF tamari sauce
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika powder
Prepare your pasta according to packaging instructions.
For the vegan cottage cheese:
1. Add the soft or silken tofu to a blender along with the nutritional yeast, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, and salt. Mix until everything is completely smooth, stopping to scrape the sides as needed. Transfer it to a bowl.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!