But it was incredibly easy to work with this dough, so this will be my go to recipe from now. The delicate, garlicky flavor of ramsons (also known as ramp in the U.S.) is especially delicious folded into the roll. Enjoy!
GF Vegan Crescent Rolls With Ramsons Filling (aka Ramp)
- 500g gluten-free bread flour mix
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 pinch sugar
- 7g (usually 1 sachet) yeast powder
- 250 g + 110 g margarine
- to replace 1 egg egg replacer
- 190 g vegan sour cream
- 75 ml luke warm soy milk
- 75-100 g ramsons
1. Put the lukewarm milk in a mug with the pinch of sugar and the yeast. Let it rest until the yeast comes up.
2. In a mixing bowl, mix together flour with 250g of margarine, then add the soy milk-yeast mixture, vegan sour cream, egg replacement and mix it well together with your hands (if you have a machine, perfectly fine with that too).
3. Cover it and let it rest for about 40 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 180°C degree.
5. Once the dough rises, place some extra flour on a flat surface and roll out the dough.
6. With a knife cut crosses on the dough to get triangle shapes
7. Mix together the 110g melted margarine and the sliced ransoms, and place it on the top of the dough and pick up one triangle and roll it up to get a crescent. Roll up every triangle. Place parchment paper on a baking tray, and place the crescents on it.
8. Bake them for about 25 minutes.
If you want to keep some for later, cover them with a tea towel to keep them soft.
Also by Imola: Hungarian Vegan Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth