GF Vegan Stir Fried Rice Cakes With Tofu, Bok Choy & Mushrooms
- 150g rice cakes, soaked in water
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp ginger, freshly minced
- 3-4 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 block tofu, cut into strips or cubes
- 1 large bok choy
- 2 handful fresh snow peas
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2 tbsp GF soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- a pinch ground pepper
1. Soak the rice cakes in water, then drain and set aside. Whisk together 1 tbs sesame oil with soy sauce , sugar and ground pepper in a small bowl.
2. Heat up the 1 tbs oil in a large pan or wok over slow heat, add ginger, mushrooms, scallion, and fry until aromatic, about a minute or so.
3. Add the tofu to the bowl and increase heat.
4. Add veggies to the wok: bok choi, snow peas, bell pepper and cook until they become tender. Whisk again the sauce and add it to the wok, toss to combine.
5. Add rice cakes as well. Cook until rice cakes become soft yet chewy. Taste and add more seasoning if needed. Once you turn off heat, drizzle with the left over 1 tbs sesame oil and stir it well.
Also see: Vegan Buffalo Barley Buddha Bowl with Roasted Veggies
Korean BBQ Seitan with Sesame Rice
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth