My package came with her Nourish Yourself, Nourish Our World: 116 plant-focused, grain and dairy free recipes from the Real Coconut Kitchen. Day 1 menu included the Broccoli Soup from the cookbook as its main meal, and I'm obsessed with it! I made just a little modification: because I forgot to buy just peas, I used frozen peas / carrot mix. I don't think that compromised the taste very much. Feel free to use either!
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup green peas (I used peas and carrot mixture)
- 5 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 medium head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 medium avocado
- 5 oz coconut milk
- 1 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
1. Heat oil in a pot over medium flame. Add onions and sauté until translucent. Add garlic and peas and sauté for 5 minutes. Add spinach and broccoli and sauté for 5 more minutes.
2. Add the coconut milk, salt, and pepper and bring to a light simmer to heat through.
3. Transfer to a blender. Add avocado and blend until smooth. Serve hot.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Peaceful Dumpling