Dairy-Free Alfredo Sauce with Gluten-Free Pasta and Broccoli
- 16 oz. brown rice pasta-spirals
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 half butternut squash
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1 tsp sage flakes
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Slice butternut squash in half and scoop out seeds with a spoon.
3. Drizzle olive oil over squash halves and season them with a few dashes of salt, pepper, and garlic salt.
4. Put parchment paper on a flat baking sheet. Place squash halves faced up on baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
5. Flip over squash halves and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
6. Let squash halves cool for 5-10 minutes. With a fork, scoop out and place shreds into blender.
7. Blend together squash shreds, coconut cream, coconut milk, garlic cloves, sage, salt and pepper until sauce is smooth and thick. Broccoli
1. Chop up broccoli into small, individual florets. Wash and drain.
2. Fill pot with 1 1/2 cups of water and bring to a boil.
3. Place broccoli in boiling water and cover for 10 minutes, or until broccoli has softened. Gluten-Free Pasta
1. Bring water to a boil. Pour brown rice pasta spirals into boiling pot and cook on med-high heat for about 7-10 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
2. Remove from heat and drain water. Once pasta is ready, add broccoli to pot and blend softly with a spoon. Pour alfredo sauce over pasta and broccoli medley and serve.
Also by Cristina: Vegan Ceviche With Avocado & Fresh Veggies
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Cristina Nidome