- 1 can Coconut Milk
- 1/2 Liter Vegetable Stock
- 350g Carrots, diced
- 1 Onion, diced
- 400g Sweet potato (about 1 big one)
- 1/2 cup Red Lentils
- Piece Fresh Ginger
- 1 Mango, peeled and diced
- Cilantro, chopped (optional)
1. Peel and chop the onion, ginger, carrots and sweet potato small, and put them in a (medium) hot saucepan. Add the vegetable stock. Bring to a boil, then add the red lentils and simmer until the vegetables are soft and the red lentils fall apart.
2. With an immersion blender, blend until an even consistency is formed. Stir in the coconut milk and add more water to thin out if desired (although it should still be a fairly thick consistency).
3. Divide into three bowls and top with diced mango and cilantro, enjoy!
Ancient Grain Breakfast Protein Bowl
Photo: Rebecca Botello