Since carrots are naturally sweet, I tossed them in a lemon dijon dressing to add some acidity and tang. I also had a big bundle of fresh parsley, so I tossed that in to brighten up the flavors. Feel free to use whatever seasonal herbs you have on hand. This salad is perfectly crunchy and delicious enjoyed over some greens or served as a side dish. I even used mine to top a veggie dog and it really helped to elevate the flavor and take it to the next level. This salad is so simple to make and is almost completely raw, bringing a bunch of health benefits to the table. You can easily double the recipe to bring to your next warm weather gathering.
- 4 1/2 cups grated carrots
- 1 bunch (about 1 1/2 cups) fresh parsley, shredded
- 1 cup red onion, sliced
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- For the dressing:
- zest from 1 lemon
- juice from 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup grape seed oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
1. In a large mixing bowl, toss together the carrots, parsley, and both onions.
2. Add all ingredients for the dressing to a blender and blend well, until smooth and creamy.
3. Pour the dressing over the carrot salad and mix well to coat.
4. Refrigerate for about an hour before serving for best results.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Lauren Sacerdote