Vegan Broccoli Parmesan (Broccoli And Cheese Bake)
- 4 cups Small broccoli florets (fresh or frozen)
- 4 tablespoons Vegan 'parmesan' (see recipe below)
- 1 teaspoon Dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Red pepper flakes
- About 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Lemon, to garnish
- Breadcrumbs, optional*
2. Heat a small amount of water in a pan and place steam basket on top (or use whatever steaming method you normally use) and place the broccoli to steam for 7-8 minutes, covered on medium heat. (You want it to be soft but NOT mushy).
3. While steaming, combine "parmesan," black pepper, parsley and red pepper flakes.
4. Drizzle olive oil in a glass baking tray then add broccoli.
5. Drizzle broccoli with some more olive oil, then add "parmesan" mixture on top, shaking the tray a little to spread evenly.
6. Bake for 15 minutes.
7. Top broccoli off with some more parm and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
*If wanting to use breadcrumbs add about a 1 tablespoon to parm mixture.
Also by Alexa: Raw Vegan Probiotic Turmeric Hummus
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Alexa Pizzarello