This is really simple to make and once you learn how to do it, you can experiment using different flavored sauces later. This would also be good using a buffalo or hot sauce as a coating. I used a bunch of cooling veggies to add to my salad but feel free to add whatever vegetables you like.
- 1 head cauliflower, diced
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6–8 cups fresh kale
- 1/2 cup diced red peppers
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup sliced cucumbers
- vegan ranch dressing to top
1. Preheat air fryer at 450°F for 3 minutes.
2. Mix the flour and almond milk together in a bowl. Toss the cauliflower in the bowl until well coated.
3. Add the cauliflower to the air fryer and cook for ten mins. Remove and add to a bowl and toss in the barbecue sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Place back in the air fryer for another ten minutes.
4. While the cauliflower is cooking, prepare and assemble the veggies for your salad.
5. Remove cauliflower and top salad. Add vegan ranch dressing and serve.
Also by Lauren: Curry Coleslaw
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Lauren Sacerdote