This recipe has the classic chunky and chewy oatmeal cookie textures. The banana gives it an extra depth of flavor and the cinnamon adds a comforting element. If you want, you can swap the chocolate chips for the traditional raisins, but banana and chocolate are such a delicious combination.
The dough is so quick and easy to make but does need to chill in the fridge for at least an hour but you can keep the dough for up to two days in the fridge and bake off a few cookies at a time.
Vegan Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- 0.5 Banana, mashed
- 50 ml Plant Milk
- 75 ml Vegetable Oil
- 200 grams Light Soft Brown Sugar
- 150 grams All Purpose Flour
- 150 grams Oats
- 0.5 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 0.5 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 75 grams Banana Chips
- 50 grams Chocolate Chips
1. Add the mashed banana, milk and oil to a bowl and mix until combined.
2. Add the sugar and cinnamon and mix for two minutes until you have a smooth caramel colored mixture.
3. Pour in the flour, oats and baking powder and mix until combined.
4. Add the chocolate chips and banana chips, mix until evenly distributed.
5. Cover your bowl with a tea towel and put it in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
6. Preheat the oven to 180°C and line two baking trays with greaseproof paper.
7. Once the dough is chilled, roll it into 16 cookies.
8. Place them on a baking tray leaving room for the cookies to expand, you should fit around 6 cookies per tray.
9. Bake for 20–25 minutes until the cookies are golden and come easily away from the paper.
Leave to cool on the baking tray.
Also by Katharine: 2-Ingredient Flatbread with Charred Corn & Green Hummus
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Katharine Hopkins