The farm stand nearby has a supply of broccoli and I had a few apples to use up, so I combined them to create a fresh, crunchy salad. All of the produce in the salad is raw, making it extremely rich in nutrients. The broccoli and almonds also add a bunch of protein to keep you full for a while. I used a cider vinaigrette dressing on this salad and it added the perfect touch of fall flavor.
- For the salad:
- 1 1/2 cup red apple, diced
- 1 1/2 cup broccoli florets, diced
- 1/2 cup julienned carrot
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- For the dressing:
- 1/8 cup apple cider
- 1/8 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- to taste salt and pepper
1. Slice, dice, and prepare all of your salad ingredients.
2. In a large mixing bowl, toss all of the ingredients for the salad.
3. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the dressing.
4. Pour the dressing over the salad and stir to coat well.
5. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Also by Lauren: Vegan Red Pepper Walnut Spread (Muhammara)
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Lauren Sacerdote