Breakfast really is the most important meal of the day–according to celebrity trainer Jillian Michaels, when you skip breakfast, it throws off your blood sugar level and triggers insulin instability. The more insulin is present in your blood stream, the more calories will be stored as fat–and less insulin means that your body will use that energy instead of turning it into fat. To prevent your lunch from becoming a more permanent part of you, it’s important to maintain a steady blood sugar level with a balanced breakfast. Start the day right with these delicious, gluten-free vegan breakfast ideas that will give you tons of sustained energy throughout the day.
1. Steel-cut or old-fashioned oatmeal with almonds, mixed berries, a tablespoon of ground flax, and soy or almond milk – fiber, protein, calcium, vitamin C, omega-3
2. Tofu scramble with mushrooms and spinach, with a side of 1/4 avocado – protein, monounsaturated fat, iron, folic acid, vitamin K, vitamin E, calcium
3. Brown rice, black beans and avocado breakfast burrito bowl with 1/4 cup salsa – fiber, protein, folate, iron, vitamin B1, magnesium, phosphorus, monounsaturated fat
4. Banana, almond butter (2 tbsp), dates, Brazil nuts, and almond milk smoothie – magnesium, potassium, vitamin E, fiber, calcium, and protein
5. Vanilla rice pudding with raisins, slivered almonds, soy milk, cinnamon, and chia seeds – Omega-3, magnesium, calcium, fiber, protein, ayurvedic
Or if you are really busy, try these delicious vegan energy bars for breakfast.