What if your two favorite foods had a baby? Ladies and gents, I give you the vegan Pizzadilla! This cheezy, veggie-packed goodness is sure to become your new favorite late-night snack, lunch, or dinner. As you’ll see in the video, I mix the marinara sauce into the veggie mixture rather than spreading it on the tortilla, which helps this recipe stay gooey without becoming soggy or messy. Feel free to get creative with veggies and add your other favorites such as: olives, artichokes, pineapple, vegan bacon, and more.
Also note: though the video shows one Pizzadilla being prepared, you will have enough filling to make two.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Yield: 2 pizza-packed quesadillas
1 tsp olive oil
1 vegan Italian sausage link
1/4 cup red onion, chopped
1/2 cup bell pepper, chopped
1 cup mushrooms, chopped
1/2 cup fresh spinach, chopped
3/4 cup marinara sauce
1 1/2 cup shredded vegan mozzarella
cooking spray, to coat
1. Wash and chop veggies.
2. Dice and quarter vegan sausage links.
3. Sauté vegan sausage, red onion, and bell pepper in olive oil over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
4. Add mushrooms and spinach and continue until all veggies are soft.
5. Add 3/4 cup vegan marinara sauce and stir to combine.
6. Set aside. Either clean pan or heat a new pan and coat with non-stick cooking spray.
7. Layer tortilla, 1/4 cup vegan mozzarella, and about half of the veggie-mixture. Cover with more cheese and the second tortilla.
8. Cook until edges are brown and cheese is melted, flipping once half-way through. Enjoy!
More recipes by Christina: One Pot Sweet Potato Quinoa Stew (Video)
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Video: Christina Ramirez