In this warm salad, the heartiness of lentils marries perfectly with earthy vegetables like Brussels sprouts and broccoli. Enjoy!
Spicy Warm Lentil Salad
- 4-5 cups fresh kale, chopped
- 1/2 cup Brussels sprouts
- 1/2 cup broccoli
- 1 cup cooked lentils
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tbsp crushed garlic
- to taste salt and pepper
2 parts tahini
1 part Sriracha
chipotle powder to taste
1. Clean and prep veggies.
2. In a medium pan, heat lemon olive oil and half a tbsp of garlic. Cook broccoli and Brussels until al dente.
3. Next add the kale, and about 1/4 cup of water to the pan. Cover with lid to steam kale (about 2 minutes.)
4. Toss kale and other veggies together and allow to cook a few more minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat.
5. In a separate pan, add soy sauce and other half tbsp of garlic.
6. Allow lentils to heat in soy sauce and garlic.
7. Assemble tahini, sriracha, and chipotle powder in a small bowl.
8. Combine all ingredients on a large plate and enjoy!