This pico de gallo is almost completely raw and will make your body feel amazing. It is so refreshing and makes for the perfect side dish at cookouts, picnics, and the beach. It has a hint of sweetness from the honey and a touch of spice from the jalapeños. You can add more or less jalapeño, depending on your liking. I served this over a big bed of lettuce to enjoy as a salad but you could eat it on top of avocado toast or enjoy it alone with some tortilla chips. This can be stored in the fridge and tastes even better the next day, after the flavors have some time to infuse.
- 4 cups watermelon, diced
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsb olive oil
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- juice from 1 lime
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- salt & pepper to taste
1. Add the watermelon, red onion, green onion, jalapeño, and herbs to a large bowl. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, honey, lime juice, garlic, salt and pepper.
3. Pour the mix over the watermelon and stir well until completely mixed and coated. Refrigerate until serving.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Lauren Sacerdote