- 2 cups precooked rice (best to use at least a day old rice)
- A handful of dried lotus seeds (soaked overnight)
- 1 small carrot (cubed)
- 3–5 green beans (chopped)
- A handful of sweetcorn
- A handful of spring onion (chopped and save some as garnish)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 3–4 vegan sausage/ luncheon (cubed)
- Sesame/soybean oil (as needed)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
1. Soak your dried lotus seeds (ideally overnight) or at least two hours before cooking with hot water.
2. On a hot pan with some drizzle of oil, sauté your spring onion and garlic until fragrant.
3. Stir fry the the following ingredients (cubed carrots, green beans, sweetcorn, and vegan sausage/ luncheon).
4. Add your soy sauce.
5. Transfer everything onto a plate and re-oil your pan.
6. Add your turmeric powder and your day-old rice and reheat until your rice is coated in golden turmeric.
7. Put back your sautéed ingredients and combine everything together.
8. If you want to make it more authentic or fancy, you can serve it on a lotus flower or simply on a plate and garnish with the remaining spring onion and enjoy!
Also by Bel: Vegan Cajun Seafood Boil
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Bel Faustino