With the right kind of treats, however, you can indulge while actually benefiting your hormones! Healthy fats and natural, low GI sweeteners are what to look for when picking a dessert that won’t throw you off balance. This recipe features just that, plus several superfoods that help maintain our bodies’ hormonal balance.
Vegan Hormone-Balancing Chocolate Fudge
- 1 package (about 10 cups) Coconut flakes
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 tbsp Sunflower butter
- 1 tbsp Sesame butter
- 1 tbsp Maca powder
- 1 tbsp Cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp Liquid stevia
- 1 tbsp Chocolate-covered hemp seeds (optional)
- 1/8-1/4 tsp Sea salt
1. Place all coconut flakes in high-speed blender or food processor.
2. Start pulsing until coconut starts to release natural oils, then increase speed and blend for about 5 minutes (scraping mixture down sides of blender as needed).
3. Add coconut oil, sunflower butter and sesame butter, then continue to blend on high speed until the mixture is smooth.
4. Add maca, cacao, and stevia, then blend for about 1 minute, or until ingredients are evenly distributed.
5. Transfer mixture from blender into plastic container or pan lined with wax paper.
6. Sprinkle with hemp seeds and sea salt.
7. Place in fridge to set for at least 1 hour.
8. Cut into 16 squares and enjoy! (You can store leftovers in fridge, freezer, or at room temperature if eating within a few days).
Also by Quincy: Low-Fat Stuffed Veggies (Raw & Cooked)
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!