- 2 cups medium or fine semolina flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp dry yeast
- 3 cups (+ 1/4 cup) warm water
- 1 tbsp white sugar (or any sweetener)
- a big pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon neutral oil
1. Mix all the dry ingredients in a big bowl.
2. Add 3 cups of water to the bowl and mix until well combine with a whisk and then mix with a hand mixer to prevent any lump until really smooth. You should have a dough that is not too thick, kind of like a crepe dough (a more liquid pancake dough).
3. Put a clean towel on top and let it rest for 15min in a warm place (maybe put it in the oven or a microwave).
4. After that , the dough absorbed the water and it became a little thicker . If too thick you can add 1/4 cup warm water.
5. In a warm pan (medium heat) , add 1 tablespoon of oil and spread it with a paper towel. Add about 1/3 cup of the dough and spread it in the pan. ONLY COOK ONE SURFACE OF THE CREPE , do not flip the crepe and many dot should appear. Add a teaspoon of oil for each crepe if not using a non stick pan.
You can watch how to make it on instagram @peacefuldumpling.
You can enjoy these crepe with a little bit of sugar on top or a sweet spread. You can also enjoy it salty with veggies our tomato tchekchouka.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo and video: Sabrina Lounaci