This soup is cooling and refreshing, and it almost tastes like a thin version of a smoothie. It also gives off a beautiful pink hue when served. You can easily double or triple this recipe to serve at a bridal or baby shower, Valentine’s day, or whatever occasion you desire. I used confectioners sugar in this recipe because it melts right in to the liquids, but I’m not sure how well cane sugar would work. I served mine topped with strawberries, basil, and coconut whipped cream.
Vegan Strawberries And Cream
- 2 1/2 cups diced strawbrrries
- 2 cups plain vegan yogurt
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 3/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 lime, juice only
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, shredded
- to top coconut whipped cream
1. Add all of the ingredients besides the fresh basil to a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Chill in the refrigerator for a few hours for best results.
3. Stir in shredded basil before serving.
4. Top with coconut whipped cream and sliced strawberries.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Lauren Sacerdote