I love to invent delicious recipes that are easy and quick to prepare as I am a busy woman and, eating healthy is my priority, and "we are what we eat." I always have pulses ready to eat at home, to avoid spending a lot of time cooking during the week. Pulses are a great source of plant protein so I am also ensuring I eat the proteins my body requires to be a strong and healthy vegan.
Preparing this fresh fajita recipe will allow you to save time in your day. Not only that, it is a complete meal, packed with protein, good fats and carbs, vitamins, minerals, and plenty of fiber. A mouthwatering experience!
I mix and match them with whatever I have at home. As it is still summer for us in Spain, this recipe can be a great brunch option, or you can take it to work or for a picnic! All I can say now is.... Enjoy, enjoy and enjoy! ;)
Vegan Fajita Wraps
- 80g Kidney beans (raw)
- 1 Medium spring onion
- 1 Medium tomato
- 1/2 Medium avocado
- 30 g Vegan cheese
- 2 tsp Mixed seeds
- 4 tbs Vegan yogurt
- 1 tbs Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan Salt
- 1/4 tsp Grounded pepper
- 1/2 tsp Parsley
- 4 Medium Wholegrain Fajitas
- 100 g Hummus (to serve)
- 100 g Carrots (to serve)
1. Two options here: Option 1: soak the beans in water (make sure they are totally immersed in water) for 24 hours and then cook them for 20 minutes in boiling water with a pinch of salt and olive oil. Drain the leftover liquid. Option 2: You save 20 minutes as you don´t need to cook. Buy cooked beans (preferably in a glass jar, rather than cans that can contain metals) and use 200g.
2. Chop all the veggies and the vegan cheese into small dice shapes (tomato, avocado, spring onion) and add them to the beans, in a big bowl.
3. Add the mixed seeds, yogurt, olive oil, salt, pepper, and parsley. Mix well. You are ready to fill the fajitas!
4. I use small/medium-sized wholegrain fajitas and divide the mixture into 4. Fill the top central part of the fajita. Wrap the sides tightly and fold the bottom part like in the photos. Make 2 wraps for each person as a main meal.
5. Add 50g of hummus to each plate and 50g of carrots to dip in!
6. Mindful eating is recommended to embrace and fully enjoy all the flavors!
Ñam, Ñam! Bon appétit!
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Suzy F. Lloyd