1. Preheat the oven to 350*F.
2. Cube the sweet potatoes. Chunks should be between 1-2 inches--but no one's really measuring here ;). Spread sweet potatoes on a baking sheet, and bake for 15 minutes.
3. Cube the apples, and add them to the baking sheet once the sweet potatoes have cooked for 15 minutes. Cook for another 15 minutes.
4. While the apples and sweet potatoes are cooking, warm coconut oil in a stock pot set over medium heat. Add the onions, and sauté for about 8 minutes.
5. Once the sweet potatoes and apples have finished cooking, add them to the pot with the onions. Add the parsley, and stir the ingredients together. Sauté for about five minutes.
6. Add the coconut milk, veggie broth, salt, and lemon juice. Cover the pot, and reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes, or until the apples and sweet potatoes are fork-tender.
7. While the soup is simmering, toast the pine nuts in a small skillet set over medium-low heat. Watch them carefully, and turn them over periodically.
8.Using an immersion blender or a high-speed blender, blend the soup until it's perfectly creamy and puréed.
9. Serve the soup in bowls and top with pine nuts and parsley.
Related: Vegan Vegan Korean Tofu Dumplings
Vegan French Onion Soup with Garlic Croutons
Vegan Savory Dill Scone
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Mary Hood Luttrell