- 1 1/2 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 2 tbsp cashew butter
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup vegan chocolate chips, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Add the coconut to a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes, until it turns golden brown.
3. Remove from oven and add to a blender with the dates, cashew butter, sea salt, and vanilla. Pulse to form a sticky dough.
4. Roll out 8 cookie balls between your hands and drop them on to a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Press them down to flatten them and poke a hole in the middle using a reusable straw. You will have to press them together at this stage to shape them as desired.
5. Put the cookies in the fridge to chill while you melt the chocolate.
6. Melt the chocolate over a double boiler.
7. Remove the cookies from the fridge and dip the bottoms of each into the chocolate. Place back on the wax paper.
8. Pipe the leftover chocolate over the cookies.
9. Place back in the fridge to set before serving.
Also by Lauren: Vegan Gingerbread Bundt Cake
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Lauren Sacerdote