- 1/3 cup vegan butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tbs rice flour
- 1 tbs vegan sour cream
- 1/2 Liter veggie stock
- 200 g frozen broccoli
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 1/2 ts nutmeg
- 100g vegan cheddar cheese, grated
- salt, pepper
1. In a small pot melt 1 tbs vegan butter over small heat and sauté the onions until translucent, then set aside.
2. In a large pot melt the rest of the butter whisk together with the rice flour over medium heat for about 3-4 minutes.
3. Slowly whisk in the veggie stock and let it simmer for about 5 more minutes. Then add the sour cream and mix it well.
4. Add the broccoli, carrots, and onions. Let them simmer on medium low for about 25 minutes until the broccoli and carrots are tender.
5. Season with nutmeg, salt and pepper and vegan cheddar cheese. Let the cheese melt and then serve while still hot.
Also by Imola: Vegan Ayurvedic Cleansing Soup
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth