Vegan Red Wine Cake
- for the batter:
- 150 grams Dark Chocolate Couverture
- 300 grams Margarine/Alsan
- 300 grams Sugar
- 2 packs (approx. 10 grams) Vanilla Sugar
- 6 Egg Replacements
- 300 grams Flour
- 1 pack (approx. 5-10 grams) Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Cocoa
- 250 Milliliter Red Wine
- for the icing:
- 200 grams Powdered Sugar
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons Red Wine
1. Preheat the oven to 160 to 180°C (320–360°F).
2. Grate the dark chocolate couverture into coarse pieces.
3. Mix the margarine, sugar, and vanilla sugar until it becomes foamy.
4. Add the egg replacements while mixing (I use egg replacement powder, not sure how well it works with other substitutes, such as bananas or flax seeds).
5. Mix the flour, cinnamon, baking powder and cocoa, add to the batter and slowly add the red wine.
6. Add the coarse chocolate pieces to the mix.
7. Pour into a greased cake tin. You can either use a big one or like I did, a couple small ones.
8. Bake for approx. 60 minutes.
9. Let the cake cool for 10 minutes before removing from the tin.
For the icing:
Mix powdered sugar with red wine and glaze the cooled-off cake.
Also by Rebecca: Raw Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Rebecca Willem