Raw Vegan Cheesecake With Peanut Butter-Chocolate topping
- For the Crust:
- 1 Cup Oats
- 1 Cup Pitted Dates
- For the Cheesecake:
- 3 Bananas
- 2–3 Cups Raw Cashews
- 1 1/2 Cups Pitted Dates
- 1/4 Cup Melted Coconut Oil
- 1/4 Cup Cacao Powder
- 1/4 Cup Liquid Sweetener
- For the Topping:
- 3–4 Tablespoons Melted Peanut Butter
- 3–4 Tablespoons Melted Chocolate
Before you start: Let the cashews soak in water, depending on how strong your food processor is.
For the crust:
1. Pulse the oats in a food processor into flour.
2. Add the dates and pulse until everything sticks together (can still be a bit crumbly and have some larger date pieces if you like that).
3. Press into the bottom of a springform and put it in the fridge or freezer.
For the cheesecake:
1. Blend all ingredients, except the cacao powder, together until everything is smooth. (You can add a bit of water or another banana to alter the consistency a bit.
2. Transfer half of the batter to a bowl.
3. Now add the cacao powder and blend again to create a chocolate layer
4. Take our the crust and start spreading the vanilla and chocolate layer on top, alternating the different layers.
5. Store the cake in the freezer for a couple of hours or overnight.
6. Drizzle with peanut butter and chocolate sauce or add some chocolate sprinkles.
Note: the raw cheesecake is not very thick but it is extremely filling. If you want, you can make more of the cheesecake layer to make it bigger. 🙂
You can store it in the freezer as long as you want so you always have some cake ready! 🙂
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Rebecca Willems