It’s Smoothie Bowl Season! If you’re like me, it’s all too easy and fun to throw your breakfast in a blender on warm spring and summer mornings. A lot of times I wake up craving something sweet to kick off the day.
Enjoy dessert for breakfast with this Red Velvet Smoothie Bowl. It’s packed with fruit and vegetables but tastes like a cupcake! The blend of strawberries, raspberries, cherries, and cacao pair perfectly to create that chocolate-y red velvet flavor. I love sneaking beet in here because the earthy undertones and subtle sweetness give the bowl a fun twist and extra nutrients.
If you use fresh beets you may want to use less almond milk–and more almond milk for frozen beets. I topped mine with nut butter, granola, cacao nibs, and fresh berries, but some other ideas are shredded coconut, chia seeds, and nuts.
Vegan Red Velvet Smoothie Bowl With Fresh Berries
- 1/2 – 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/4 cup frozen dark cherries
- 1/4 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1/4 cup steamed beet
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon nut butter
- fresh fruit
- cacao nibs
1. Place all ingredients except fresh fruit and granola in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth, adding more almond milk to reach desired consistency.
2. Top with fresh fruit and granola.
Also by Lauren: Sweet Citrus Energizing Smoothie Bowl
Related: Raw Vegan Superfood Smoothie Bowl
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Lauren Kirchmaier