Autumn is my favorite season! The weather is beginning to get a bit cooler, and the nights are closing in. Leaves are starting to fall and baking anything with pumpkin in it feels like a warm hug.
These cozy pumpkin muffins will fill your house with the smell of pumpkin pie, that yummy smell of autumn. And they're a cinch to make, only taking about 15 minutes hands-on time. Enjoy them with a cup of coffee or tea in the morning or add one to your packed lunch.
Grab a bowl and a whisk. We're going to make a batch of perfect vegan pumpkin chocolate muffins! I promise you'll love them!
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup plant-based yogurt
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Grease a muffin tin or line with muffin liners.
2. Sift together flour, baking powder, spices and salt. Set Aside.
3. Combine pumpkin purée with caster sugar and light brown sugar in a large bowl. Whisk to combine. Add the yogurt, vegan butter and vanilla extract and whisk until everything is well combined.
4. Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
5. Tip half of the batter into a second bowl and add the cocoa powder.
6. Spoon the pumpkin and cocoa batters into the muffin tin, alternating between batters until the cups are ¾ full.
7. Bake for 15–20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
8. Lift onto a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
NOTES: This recipe is nut-free and vegan.
More pumpkin recipes: Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Keri Bevan