Vegan Pasta With Creamy Beet Sauce & Mint
- 400 g spaghetti
- 3 medium beets
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 400 g coconut milk
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 bunch mint
1. Put the spaghetti into boiling water and cook it for 10 minutes. You can also add a little bit of oil and salt to season the pasta as it cooks.
2. While the spaghetti is cooking, you can prepare the ingredients for the sauce. Chop the onion and the cloves of garlic into smaller peaces. Peel the beets and cube them as well.
3. Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add onions and sauté gently. When the onion gets translucent you can add the chopped garlic.
4. After a few minutes, add the beets and a bit of water. Let it cook for 20 minutes.
5. When the beets are soft, you can add the coconut milk, salt, and mint. Mix it well and leave it for another 10 minutes.
6. Once it’s ready you can blend it with a hand blender.
7. Finally, mix the sauce with the pasta. I like to decorate it with some vegan cheese and greens. Serve it warm.
Also see: Cranberry Rosemary Focaccia Bread
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Adrienn Gyetko